Your important financial contributions are the reason we exist today! These funds allow us to:
- Maintain a high quality educational and entertainment facility (buildings and grounds) for your use and enjoyment.
- Preserve and conserve documents and artifacts from our rich past representing our community and culture.
- Offer a research facility and assistance to locate information year round.
- Provide informative docent tours and lectures.
- Train staff, volunteers and interns to run various aspects of a Museum.
- Manage a 501 C 3 non profit organization with 2 full time and 1 part time staff and over 80 volunteers.
- Implement captivating exhibits one a wide range of topics throughout our 12 galleries.
- Offer new exhibits every year.
- Provide activities for kids.
- Produce special events throughout the year.
- Host groups of a variety of ages and number of people.
- Send out monthly e-newsletters and weekly updates to the media.
Ways you support us:
Get Involved: Financial Support
To make a simple cash donation using a credit card, please press the “Donate” button above. After entering an amount, look at the bottom left of the page for the credit card images, and use the “Continue” link directly above, if you want to just use a credit card, without having a PayPal account. (PayPal does the credit card processing, but a PayPal account is not required.)
- In addition to a cash, check, or credit card, gift donations may be:
- Restricted to an appropriate purpose within the scope of the Society's and its Museum's work,
- In honor or memory of someone,
- As matching gifts from corporations or organizations that choose to encourage the charitable interests of their employees or associates
- As appreciated securities and fully paid life insurance policies,
- and an offer of "inkind" item or service.
The Chatham Historical Society, Inc. is recognized by the U.S. Treasury Department's Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Its Federal tax exempt number is 04-6045540. Gifts to the Society are deductible as provided in Federal Income Tax regulations and also as provided in the laws of and regulations of some states. The Society urges you to consult your attorney or accountant for current tax information as a well as for its applicability and suitability in view of your present and personal circumstances.
Should you wish to make gifts to the Society or have questions relating to prospective gifts, kindly contact: the Treasurer, Chatham Historical Society, PO Box 709 , Chatham MA 02633 or telephone (508) 945- 2493. Checks should be made payable to The Chatham Historical Society and forward to the treasurer at the address above.
Engraved Brick Campaign
The Chatham Historical Society is pleased to announce a rare opportunity for you to leave your legacy, honor your loved ones, or pay homage to your own history while becoming a part of our Atwood House Campaign for Museum Excellence. You can help us pave the way to success with the purchase of engraved bricks inscribed with the personal message of your choice. Each brick will become a permanent part of our new main walkway forming an attractive entrance to the Museum complex.
Your help will not only provide vital support for the most extensive Museum expansion and improvement project ever undertaken by the Society, but also become a lasting personal tribute to commemorate family members, friends, business associates -- even yourself-- or special events such as births, weddings or anniversaries. Engraved Brick Campaign Flyer and form.