Full time Administrator and Operations Assistant Position Available
At the Atwood Museum/Chatham Historical Society
Year round, 40 hours per week, plus benefits
Looking for an energetic team player who reports to Executive Director and supports administrative and operational needs. Experience with Microsoft Office products necessary. Social Media knowledge is critical; experience with audiovisual equipment a plus. Organizational skills and focus on meeting deadlines important. Comfortable working with the public face to face and by telephone. Some weekend work, especially Saturdays in season.
Administrative Responsibilities include:
- Answers telephone/email requests in a professional and courteous manner, provides general information and forwards requests to appropriate personnel.
- Daily obtains mail from post office and distributes to the proper personnel/department.
- Following up on general requests and questions from the public and staff – e.g. process donated material
- Assisting with publicity: producing and distributing promotional material – brochures, posters, notices, banners, signs etc.
- Sending out Constant Contact/Email notices to membership, media, staff
- Assisting with mailings
Operational Responsibilities include:
- Assistance with museum operations as needed e.g. in shop or at entrance
- Closing museum or obtaining coverage to close museum
- Assistance with set up and breakdown of special events, exhibits, lectures, etc.
- Technical assistance helpful but not required, software, hardware, AV equipment
- Assisting Executive Director and Assistant Director with other projects, as needed
- Assisting other departments, as available
Starting salary – $15.00 – $17.00 per hour depending on experience.
Benefits include: after 3 months ability to qualify for 40 hour paid vacation, 40 hour paid sick time, contribution to health care and matched IRA program.
Please send resume and cover letter by email to: [email protected]
Thank you – Kevin D. Wright – Executive Director, Atwood Museum,
PO Box 709; 347 Stage Harbor Road; Chatham, MA 02633